High quality in-school movement program
Fundamental movement skills classes offered by your school, as part of the children’s weekly routine.
Classes are offered in three stages
- 30 minute classes for 1½ to 3½ year olds: A buzz of moving and exploring, keeping busy toddlers engaged, entertained, and excited about learning what their amazing little bodies can do.
- 30 to 40 minute classes for pre-schoolers aged 3½ to 6 years: Jam packed with activities and games to keep children moving for the whole class. We’re learning what our bodies can do, having fun with interesting exercises and equipment, and noticing that with practice and effort we can get better and better each week.
- 30 to 40 minute classes for foundation phase children aged 6 to 8 years: A mix of fun and challenging activities designed to keep building the strength, fitness and brain connections needed to optimise learning in the classroom, and on the sports field. Our older Fit Kids are given a concrete sense of the power we all have to improve our own abilities and confidence week on week.
The Fit Kids way
A quality movement program is a vital part of a well-rounded education – especially during the foundation years. Not just to burn energy or start building sport skills, but to actually build the brain connections that children need for learning in all areas of their life.
Fit Kids is not a sport skills program. It’s an exercise life-skills program, laying a solid foundation for children to succeed in all areas of their development.
Research shows that the right exercise ‘diet’ has an incredible impact on learning readiness, concentration, memory skills, problem solving, reading and writing skills, emotional regulation, social integration, and more.
There are so many reasons for this, like how the brain releases a protein called BDNF when we exercise, that stimulates new brain cells and connections to grow. Or, how every time we practice a new movement, the brain builds pathways to help make the movement more successful next time around, and then uses these same pathways for learning other skills like reading.
Endorsed by OTs & education specialists
Every Fit Kids class is designed to do three things:
- Meet children’s physical development needs
- Present exercise in a fun, engaging and memorable way
- Build a positive mindset and attitude towards exercise
Lesson plans are built around 9 building blocks of physical development, that every OT will tell you are vital for optimal development and learning:
- Gross motor skills
- Core strength
- Midline crossing
- Motor planning
- Spatial awareness
Fit Kids is the perfect balance of the right exercises, fun and excitement, and laying a strong foundation for future exercise or sports.
Fit Kids in your school
Bring Fit Kids in to run your school’s movement program, and you can be 100% sure that every child is getting exactly the right combination of movement skills that they need to thrive.
Our in-school fundamental movement skills program includes an assessment and report system, to help teachers and parents track progress, pick up on any interventions needed, and learn what to practice at home.
Don’t just take our word for it
‘Fit Kids is fantastic because children are given the opportunity to develop the kind of strength they need to help with concentration and learning, in a way that really makes sense to them and that they look forward to.‘– Principal of Constantiaberg Pre-Primary
‘We love having Fit Kids at our school. The children learn new things every week, they’re never bored, and we love how encouraging the coach is. It makes the lesson feel fun, even when it’s hard work.’– Teacher at Fish Hoek Pre Primary
Find out more
Please click here and we’ll email you our info pack.
Follow this link if your school has asked you to complete the Fit Kids online enrolment.
Arrange a demo
If Fit Kids isn’t on offer at your school yet, get in touch via email to arrange a free demo class.